ARGH!.....teenagers

last night my 15 year old niece and her friend decided to leave school and bunk the train to cheltenham without telling anyone. after some frantic phone calls and me actually sussing out they hadn't gone far and were probably in cheltenham or stroud they bunked another train to bristol. she told me they were going to stay out all night and sleep on a park bench! i slept out a few times in my youth and it aint no fun and i think by mid evening she was beginning to realise that it was going to be bloody cold and very fucking scary! eventually she told her nan where she was and the police picked them up and brought them home. my niece is now staying with me for a couple of weeks as her grandparents who she normally lives with are finding it all a bit too much as she is quite often getting herself into trouble. also her grandfather has just come out of hospital.

it's so hard to know how to help her out of this teenage angst, i guess only time will help. i was a fuck-up of a teenager at times and have been trying to think of what would have got me thinking more about what i was doing. maybe nothing would maybe i just had to learn some lessons just as she has to.

Comments