Yes I'm still here!

So the world has gone crazy and everyone has time on their hands again including me!
Just a quick post to say I will be posting some news and views from here very soon.

I guess for my first post though I better give a bit of a insight into the last couple of years since my last post was at the beginning of January 2018!

I had travelled down to spend some time on the Algarve and in Andalusia after the breakdown of a 10 year relationship. While there I had some great adventures and met some wonderful people. The most wonderful being my current partner. That's us there in the picture below.


Along with another friend we started a band called Undying Heads, more on them in a seperate post another time. I was behind the scenes at first as the manager, booking agent, press officer, merchandise seller, general dogsbody, basically I was the whole management team in one person! From June - October we toured the UK and Ireland and then we took a break.  During this time our double bass player decided he didn't want to come back for another tour and so I joined the band, singing and playing bodrhan. In the spring of 2019 we played a few small warm up gigs in Portugal and for the summer season we played lots of gigs on the Algarve. We then went to Ireland for a break and on returning to Portugal we played a few gigs at Christmas and New Year. We then teamed back up with our double bass player for a couple of gigs as a threesome.

My partner and I had already planned to take a trip to Morocco in the van early in 2020 and in mid February we left. Of course we were here when the pandemic really took off and decided to stay put rather than try to race back to catch a ferry that might not run to then drive through the worst hit country after Italy in Europe.

So here we are on lockdown in Morocco with the days stretching ahead to write all sorts of stuff! Stay tuned my friends we have a lot of catching up to do!

Below is our van parked up in Imsouane, the small village in Morocco where we are on lockdown.


Thanks for reading :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Sam, nice to see you back. Love reading about your adventures. Recently got myself a van and converted very similar to your and R6j6cts first van. Sorry to hear of the break up, life is like a wheel and keeps turning, always changing. Johnny Veganite x