Paintings of Photographs

On the Winter Solstice we went to Stonehenge and parked at the drove, one afternoon we went for a walk over to some beech trees and mounds across a field from the stones. By the time we came back the sun was starting to go down and casting a lovely orange glow on everything and casting beautiful long shadows. People had their burners going in their vans and trucks and there was a hazy look to the drove road as we stepped out of the field back onto the path. I took this photograph below which I think was the best photo I took last year. The colours and light are just perfect and it conjurers up a feeling of what travelling life is about.


I have had many many positive comments about this photograph and have recently been making some cards and prints to give to friends and sell at festivals. It means so much when people love your work and what more of an honour could I hope for than someone turning it into a painting. Drea Blackbird is an amazing artist and immortalized my photograph onto canvas. I'm so chuffed! What an amazing piece of work!


Thank you Drea and to everyone who showed the love for this picture and thank you reader for looking :) xxx

Comments