Fasting and Feasting

A very quick check in and update on the diet. What a pain, the scales were broken in Boots when I went there so no weigh in this month, I'm not feeling massively slimmer but hopefully I've shed a pound or two!

As I expected I didn't do quite so well when not at work with fast and feast days although I don't think I ever went over 2000 calories in a day so at least I shouldn't have put weight on. I have been back working again for 2 weeks and have done well and stuck to the diet.

I had one day where I was really really hungry with stomach cramps but I think I over ate the day before. There is defiantly a connection with eating more one day and feeling hungrier than usual the next. I'm no expert but I think maybe it's because you're stomach stretches when you over eat and so then there is more space to fill!! So I have really tried to keep portions to a reasonable size even on feast days.

I also hardly eat much after lunch now. I eat breakfast every day, on feast days it's granola with yogurt and on fast days it's two pieces of fruit. At lunchtime I have a full cooked meal, most days with plenty of fresh vegetables. On feast days I allow myself a small pudding but I don't usually have it straight after my main course I usually wait until about 5pm. On fast days I have nothing more. And that's it, no snacks, no supper, nothing. It works well at work and I'm really going to try this time when I go home to keep this routine. Not sure how the other half will find it and I can't do it on days friends come round for dinner but hopefully can have some days like I've described above.

I haven't done any power walking but quite a lot of brisk walking around shops, up and down a few hills and numerous trips up to the Post Office or Village Shop where I work. I have been seriously looking at bicycles this week and am determined to have one by next month so as I can cycle as well as walk.

Well that's it from me this time, hopefully next time the scales will be fixed and I can at least see that this diet is working!!

Thanks for looking :) xxx

Comments