Aparently it's international womens day

So today is international womens day and I'm not sure I really go along with it. You see it's like this, I believe in equality for all, I believe in equal rights, equal pay and being treated equally in all aspects of life, I believe this equality for absolutely all humans whether they are male, female, black, white, gay, straight etc etc.

Now there is an old saying 'divide and rule' it works unquestionably, divide people into groups so as they hate each other and those who have divided the people can rule over them a lot easier as the people are busy hating each other, blaming each other and being jealous of each other instead of getting together and realising that its the rulers that are making all the problems.

It is working on many levels in the UK and across the world at this very moment. In the UK we have the top 'divide and rule' scenario which is the divide between mainly white people and Muslims, (this must be top in the world I guess). Then we have the divide between working people and people on benefits perpetuated by papers like the Daily Mail, Mirror, Sun etc and programmes like benefit street. There are all sorts of other divides going on usually sustained by the media and usually using stereotypes of people to enforce the myth about them. This happens over and over again with women, gay people, black people, travellers, people with disabilities, transgender people, well the list goes on really just name just about any race or social group and there will be other people that hate them usually for unjust or made up reasons.

So when I hear international womens day or black history month I feel a little uneasy as I feel it just keeps the divide going. How ever much it is meant to be a step forward to equality I cannot help feeling it might be a step backwards or at least we are standing still as we are still pointing out differences instead of celebrating our humanness.

Recently some friends were promoting on Facebook a day for women to attend to learn about car mechanics and I thought 'why?' Why can't it just be open to everyone, there are plenty of men who would want to learn and men who are not particularly macho and would feel better in a more mixed environment rather than a very male environment.

And when I hear about black history month I think why can't it be human history month? Ok I do know a huge amount of black history was suppressed by the white man and so it is important to learn the facts rather than what was written in fake history books. But what about the facts on all human history?

I'm not saying racial groups, cultural groups, religious groups, social groups shouldn't celebrate their thing I just think there is a lot of 'divide and rule' going on that we don't even realise. We see it as a positive thing and yet it is perpetuating our differences and making us feel different from one another.

We need to stand together as humans, as earthlings, as custodians of this planet and fight the ruling elite that are robbing us all, taking us to war and keeping us like slaves.

Thanks for reading, One Love xxx

Comments