learning about nature

My interest in photography has led me to really marvel at the beauty of nature. Since getting my SLR a year and a half ago I have taken some lovely shots of plant life, insects & birds. More and more I find it frustrating that I do not know what these plants or creatures are called. I find myself putting 'plant' as a title for a photo as I don't know the name. It's also rather embarrassing as I spent the first 13 years of my life in a small village surrounded by nature. I was often out in nature but it seems I have learnt very little about the countryside around me. So I am really trying to educate myself and hope to be able to identify more of the things I take pictures of. I'm sure there will be things I need help identifying as well :) For now here's a few things I found recently...

 Daisy:
Soldier Beetle:
Deadly Nightshade:
I think this is Mayweed or Oxeye daisy... can anyone id it?:
Then some cows came and I photographed them :)
Thanks for looking :) xoxox

Comments