brecon

We spent a few days in the Brecon Beacons near all the waterfalls. We had lovely weather & so were able to take long walks through unspoilt countryside. We explored mountains, river banks, caves & waterfalls & saw loads of amazing nature.

I caught these flies investigating a Foxglove flower...

Wild Thyme...

Doing what I love, taking photos...

Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly...

Horsetail...

There was a bee's nest in that hole, you can just see a few bees on the ground...

From inside a cave...

I think this is a small brown Trout...

Looking into the cave...

Waterfall...

Busta with a stick as usual...

Having a cuppa by the fire...

I think this is a Dunlin, can anyone confirm?...

The best spotting was some Mink cubs. I saw at least 5 of them together but didn't have the camera to hand. I had to wade back accross the river to where we had stopped to get my camera. I went back & stayed for a while but they didn't reappear. Gutted I went back to sit down accross the river & then they came out :) Only one at a time so I couldn't get a group shot but it was great to see them. I know they are depleting some of our native species but they're here now & they were very cute :)

Another waterfall...

Bee...

And another waterfall...

A dead fish being eaten by Tadpoles...

I think this is a wasp or hornet nest. It was across the water where we couldn't cross so couldn't get a better look. Biggest nest I've seen...

When I saw this I assumed it was a hornet as it was so big but from research I think it could be a type of hoverfly. I didn't realise they got that big! This poor creature looked like he was about to die...

This is an old Silicone mine...

Thanks for looking :) xoxox

Comments