swings and roundabouts

All this moving away lark brings with it a whole load of stuff to sort out so yet again I haven't blogged as much as I wanted to. There is so much to get in order before we leave, it seems so far away but yet I know it will come around before I know it and I really don't want too much last minute panicking due to jobs left not done.

We had a letting agent round today to value our house and let us know what we need to do before renting it out. It looks like I will be able to rent it out for enough to cover the mortgage, their fees & a little bit left to put by for unexpected repairs. I will not be making any money to live on from it which I didn't expect anyway. With only about 10 years left to pay it might be an option for us to try and keep the house until the mortgage is paid as then we could get a monthly income from it. We are not sure how easy it will be for us to get an income once we settle again. If we don't sell the house we might not have the money to do up the property we eventually buy. Swings and roundabouts I think is the appropriate phrase here!

Just sorting out letting the house is enough for me to deal with in one go as to do that I have to visit my mortgage company and sort it out with them. I have to get a landlords gas safety certificate, an energy efficiency certificate & insurance. We have to do some decorating and repairs and I have to visit the accountant to sort out tax.... blimey!

We still have lots of other things to prepare like what belongings we are going to store to eventually get once we settle again. What we need to have with us in the van. We need to get the van fully serviced, probably a new cam-belt, fit the last ceiling panel round the chimney and do some rust repairs.

I need to find out about re-homing my cat or trying to find someone who will look after him for a year or so. I would love him to come and live with us again when we settle but the fairest thing seems to be to re-home him. If I did find someone who was happy to have him until we settled again I would love that :) That doesn't seem too likely though so he needs to find a new family :( On a happier note Busta, our dog will be coming and needs to get his passport. He has to go in for a rabies jab and then blood test and he'll be all ready!

When Lee, my son is back for sumer holidays I need to sort out anything of his that needs to be stored until he's finished university. Then we have to get him moved into his new place. I'll have to do the panic stricken mum bit and go through with him emergency procedures, making sure he has every family members phone no. and generally worrying far too much about a young man who will be 19 by then!

I'm glad we do have these few months to get sorted out. I would defiantly advise anyone planning this sort of thing to give themselves plenty of time if they have relatives, pets, houses, vehicles etc that will need sorting out before they go. Anyway enough for now, I will report back on progress soon :)

Comments