Getting healthy

As you know if you are a regular reader of this blog I have been on a journey to loose weight and get fit and healthy. It has been quite a rocky road but recently things really seem to be coming together.

I have continued with healthy eating and now that I have gone vegan there are no 'snack' foods here at work I can have which is good. I have given up the fast and feast days in favour of most days being pretty low calorie. I am not counting calories really anymore but I think most days I'm taking in around 1500 calories and some days 2000.

The breakthrough I think has been getting back to exercising every day. I started by doing 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of light aerobics and 10 minutes of pilates every morning before starting work. I then joined a gym and started doing classes every day usually 45mins to an hour of aerobics or pilates or yoga. Now I am back at work I am doing 10-20 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of light aerobics and 15 minutes of pilates every morning as well as always being mobile on my breaks and not sitting in front of the computer.

Sadly I cannot carry on with the gym as leaving the UK soon but I hope to perhaps join some gyms as I travel.

The point is though that I have lost more weight than usual so something must be working!

At the beginning of September I was 67.6kg and by mid November I was 65.3kg. I went to weigh myself today but the scales were out of order! I have lost more though as I now fit into size 12 clothes again :) I have also lost an inch off my hips and waist since the beginning of November!

This will probably be the last post for a while about this but I am determined to continue with healthy vegan eating and exercise while away and hopefully will be able to update my progress in more general blog posts.

Thanks for looking :) xxx


Comments