Start of the new regime!

So I have started my second attempt at getting fitter and loosing a bit of weight. It is now a week since my start day on 4th October and I have exercised 6 out of 7 days which I'm really pleased about. I kept to my plan and have done 4 power walks, the last two being 2 miles in 30 minutes, 1 20 minute aerobic session and today as I had shopping to do I just walked as quickly as possible around the shops and a couple of times up and down the car park. It was only a mile but at least it was something!

On the exercise front I am really pleased and know that as long as I stick to it I will be walking for an hour most days getting in 4 around miles. On the food front it has not been so easy, temptation has been in my way and I have had a few biscuits and cake :) And still I just can't seem to reduce my portion size. I need to put more effort into this.

Today I weighed myself for the first time since July (then I was 11st 5lb or 73kg) today I am 11st 8lb or 73.8kg. I need to loose 2 stone or 11 kilos and I hope to do that by the spring. I will be happy to get under 10 stone or 64 kilos though! I know the exercise will go a long way to help if I keep it up most days and if I can get a grip on eating habits and portion sizes I hope I will achieve my goal.

My body fat is 40.4% which is far too high so obviously the diet and exercise should also help with this. At 45 years old I am acutely aware that many people of my parents generation are on blood pressure, heart and cholesterol medications and I really want to be fit and healthy enough not to need any of these kinds of drugs once I am older. So I am aiming at getting my body fat down to below 30%.

I'm going to keep recording my weight and body fat here every month or so to help motivate me to keep going. I hope it also helps others to try and make a difference to their health by taking small steps. Power walking is a great form of exercise with minimal stress on the body. I will never be a dedicated jogger, swimmer, cyclist or gym goer so for the non sporty types out there like me I feel this is a real solution to getting some decent exercise.

Thanks for looking and wish me luck :) xxx

Comments