In or Out?

So in a few weeks we all (well most of us) get to vote on whether to leave or stay in the EU. Now I don't vote in elections, I believe we can govern ourselves, I believe in the principles of an anarchist society, I believe with lots of love, understanding and education most of us would do pretty well, get on with our lives and live them to the full without messing up other peoples lives as well as being happy to help the wider community. Of course that's not going to happen overnight and even if there was some massive anarchist uprising it just wouldn't work straight away, too many people in today's society are selfish and mean. Society will have to change at a slower pace and although there may come a time where a big uprising puts the final nail in the coffin to this selfish, undemocratic, capitalist world we live in I doubt I'll see it in my lifetime. So my view is this, all politicians are selfish idiots, some may start with good intentions to help the community but power corrupts as I think history has proved over and over again. I don't want to be ruled by any of those elite bastards whether they are in Westminster or Brussels or anywhere else. But I do feel the need to vote in this upcoming referendum and I feel the need to vote to stay in. Why? The lesser of two evils? Well kind of but more it's about functioning as a global society, bringing down borders and making the UK a welcome place for all people wherever it happens they may have been born. I believe in no borders, everywhere, without exception and on the continent that actually exists bar a few exceptions. We spent a year travelling in Holland, Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal and did not show any kind of I.D. On entering the UK we had to (even though we are part of the EU we don't have the same freedom of movement!) and then day 1 in the UK stopped by the police as we were parking up for the night and had to show driving licence and passport! Anyway I digress, what I am saying is the EU have made small steps to open borders which is a good thing for me and many fellow travellers and I don't just mean 'new age' travellers or whatever label you want to attach to my lifestyle but anyone who travels, for a week a year on holiday or longer, as well as all those who live part of the year in another EU country. The leave campaign seems to be mostly about keeping migrants out lightly shrouded in a veil of trying to make out things would be better in all sorts of ways if we leave. Yes some things might be better and some will be worse, that's common sense, you don't need to understand politics to realise that. I feel that many of the vote leave people are mainly doing it to try and stop other human beings coming here to live and work. If we leave the UK will try and strike up a deal pretty quickly to allow us to travel to the EU on holidays without filling in visa forms and allowing all the ex-pats to stay in their chosen countries as well as all the UK citizens with second homes in the EU not being affected. The EU will want the holiday trade, the ex-pats to stay and the revenue people with second homes produce. So as far as travelling and living in the EU not a lot will change for us. What will change is people coming here, and not just those people you see in refugee camps on the news, you know the ones, you donate a few pounds and some clothes and 'like' a Facebook page to show you are doing your bit to help. This will affect so many others too, my friend, born in Germany, educated in India, did a degree in the UK will not be able to live on the land she has just bought. My friend born in Portugal, lived all over Europe currently working in London will have to leave. My Spanish friend been here 10 years working in Cheltenham will go too. My Polish friend, here 6 years, working with the lady I work for will have to go even though her son is going to start university this year. Why? Because they are all unskilled workers, people the UK racists don't want here. They think all their jobs and homes will be filled by willing Brits! Not true! I could rant more but I think I've made my views clear enough. If you are voting to leave and you have based that on all the factors and you genuinely think the UK will be better off on all levels not just because there will be less migrants then I respect your choice. If you are voting leave primary to stop migrants coming here then shame on you. Take a minute to think, if you had the choice to move somewhere that would give your children a better life would you do it? If you could escape from war, famine, corruption to somewhere better would you do it? Please don't let the UK become known as a closed border racist place, make it be known as a welcoming, vibrant, multicultural place that is more than happy to help fellow humans. Peace <3 span="">

Thanks for looking :) xxx

Comments