Diets, Exersise and Physio

I am now back into the swing of my healthy eating plan and exercising nearly every day. As mentioned in previous posts I am trying not to be too strict on the diet thing as I love my food and feel there is no point going on a full on diet for it only to last a few weeks or months. Most people who go on strict diets fail and end up putting more weight back on. So the main things I have done is cut out sugar and milk in tea, switched to a piece of fruit for breakfast, cut down on cheese and bread and reduced my intake of biscuits, cakes and chocolate. What I think is really important as well though is taking some exercise most days. I have never been one for exercise, I did some aerobics for a while years ago but I have taken up power walking and it seems to be working. I am averaging about 16.30 minutes to a mile at the moment and walking for 45 minutes although I aim to do an hour but as I have recently been out of action for a couple of months I am building up again. By the end of next week I should be doing an hour :)

So now for the important bit, the weigh in! I weighed myself a few days ago after being back on the programme for 3 weeks. I hoped to be the weight I was when I injured myself as I knew I had put weight back on again. Well I was just a pound heavier so not too bad, next weight in is 1st July so I hope to have shed a few pounds! I can at least fit into size 14 clothes now after having to go up to size 16 for the first time in my life. I should be a size 12 though so more work to do yet!

As for my now mended broken arm I am still doing regular physiotherapy exercises a few times a day. It seems that this will carry on for many months but there is great improvement so all is good health wise!

Me doing my grip exercises!


Thanks for looking :) xxx

Comments