Flooded.....

On Friday I got home from work to find a river running through my street, it was awful. We had to wade through it to get to the house. Needless to say loads of stuff has been ruined. There was about 4-5 inches of water in the whole of my downstairs. We had no power that night as it had to be switched off for safety reasons. By late evening it had all drained away leaving a very soggy smelly house! The weekend was spent stripping the rugs, carpets and lino out so as the floor could start drying out. Everything else stayed put as I'm now waiting for the insurance company to come round and assess the damage. On Sunday we heard that the water supply would soon run out and that we might lose power. Yesterday we had no water left and we had a powercut and then we got evacuated by the police as they were expecting raw sewage to be flooding the houses. Luckily that hasn't happened yet and I will be going home later, I hear the electric is back on although that doesn't help all the food in my freezer that defrosted. Internet access might be a bit sporadic for a while as I've got rather a lot on. Pictures off my phone and camera to follow as soon as I can. What a bloody nightmare!!!!

Comments

Clint Iguana said…
could be worse, could have been my house!

glad to hear your cds are safe 8)