Dreadzone @ Blowout festival, Cardiff

OK so the Blowout festival was loads of different bands over 3 venues in Cardiff bay last Sunday. Brilliant line-up from 2pm till 2am. Big thanks has to go to Greg (Dreadzone) for putting me on the guestlist along with a few others who are regulars on the Dreadzone forum. I wish I could write about all the amazing bands I saw over the day and the great venues but my friends I'm afraid I can't as I didn't arrive in Cardiff till 6pm. I had picked up the Spark from the valleys and we met up with some friends of mine who were already comfortable in a pub on the bay. After a few drinks we headed to a Chinese restaurant for a slap up meal which as Ian so rightly pointed out turned more and more into the Kill Bill movie as the night wore on and the drinks flowed! We eventually dragged ourselves out of the Chinese and made our way to the Coal exchange with a little detour from Phil (Mr. I know Cardiff and I know where I'm going.... yeh right!!) There was a band playing who were quite funky but I couldn't tell you who they were. Some random bloke took me into a garden shed that had been converted into a 'diary room' and I had to make a fool of myself in front of the camera! The spark met up with the Iguana and the rest of us met up with Greg and Spee from Dreadzone and went outside for a smoke and chat. This happened just as Sicknote came on, a band I still haven't managed to see properly live. Hopefully I'll get to see them at Workhouse festival this year! Pretty soon it was time for the Dreadzone sound system. The sound system gigs are Greg spinning tunes and Spee doing his MC ting, not quite the same as a full band gig but they usually throw in a few Dread tunes and if you're a fan of Spee then you're in for a treat! Greg had said not to expect many Dreadzone tunes but there was a few which was great and we all had a very bouncy time throughout the set not to mention Ian who got on stage and did a turn! After the set we all went backstage for a chat before the Dreads headed off to their hotel and we headed back to Phil and Jill's place to continue the music and laughter! Great night and lovely company xoxox.


Some dodgy people i met up with in Cardiff!

Me and Greg Roberts from Dreadzone.

Ian getting ready for his big stage debut!

MC Spee.

Dreadzone sound system, Greg and MC Spee.

MC Spee.

Greg Dread.

MC Spee.

Hum......

Comments